BSF will conduct exam for the posts of Head Constable (Radio Operator) and Head Constable (Radio Mechanic) in Group ‘C’ on 22nd September 2019. Check the eligibility criteria including the age limit, educational qualification, physical & medical standards for BSF Head Constable (RO & RM) 2019 Posts.
Border Security Force (BSF) has announced 1072 vacancies for the Non-Gazetted & Non-Ministerial posts of Head Constable (Radio Operator) and Head Constable (Radio Mechanic) in Group ‘C’ on temporary basis likely to be made permanent in Border Security Force (Communication Setup). The posts have All India liability and selected candidates can be posted anywhere in India and even abroad. On appointment, the candidates shall be governed by the BSF Act and Rules.
Below are important dates for BSF Head Constable (Radio Operator) and Head Constable (Radio Mechanic) 2019 Recruitment Process:
|BSF Head Constable RO & RM 2019 Exam||Important Dates|
|Online Application Starting & Closing Date||14th May 2019 (00:01 AM) – 12th June 2019 (11:59 PM)|
|1st Phase – Written Test||22nd September 2019|
|2nd Phase – PST, PET & Documentation||2nd December 2019|
|2nd Phase – Descriptive Written Test||2nd February 2019|
|3rd Phase – Final Medical Examination||13th April 2020 Onwards|
BSF Head Constable RO & RM 2019 VACANCIES
|BSF Head Constable (Radio Operator) and Head Constable (Radio Mechanic) 2019 Vacancies|
|Category||BSF Head Constable (Radio Operator) 2019 Vacancies|
|Category||BSF Head Constable (Radio Mechanic) 2019 Vacancies|
|Note: 75% Quota against Direct Entry and 25% Quota against Departmental (BSF Serving Personnel)|
a) These number of vacancies given above are subject to change (may vary at any stage) due to administrative reasons. BSF reserves the right to make changes in sequence of the recruitment process after publication of this advertisement. BSF also reserves the right to cancel or postpone the recruitment at any stage without assigning any reason.
b) Vacancies reserved for departmental candidates (BSF serving personnel) shall be filled from open recruitment within the respective quota if suitable departmental candidates are not available.
c) Govt servants/BSF departmental candidates must be In possession of NOC/Disc & Vigilance clearance certificate issued from their appointing authority before applying.
d) A Candidate can apply for both the posts, i.e. HC/RO and HC/RM, depending on their eligibility for the respective posts. However, separate application forms and fee will be required for each post. Candidate will have to appear in written test (OMR based as well as Descriptive) for the applied posts separately as per schedule fixed by HQ DG 8SF
e) 10% of the vacancies are reserved for Ex-Servicemen. In case vacancy reserved for Ex-servicemen remains unfilled due to non-availability of eligible/qualified candidates, the same shall be filled by the candidates of open category within the respective quota.
f) As per MHA guidelines, if a situation so arises wherein the women candidates in the horizontal compartmentalized reservation in any of the vertical reservation categories are not available, then the posts shall be filled up from among the male candidates from the concerned vertical reservation categories.
Before applying for the BSF Head Constable (Radio Operator) and Head Constable (Radio Mechanic), candidates should make sure that they fulfill all the eligibility norms including age, upper age limit, educational qualification(s), Physical Standards and Medical Standards. So, let’s look at the Eligibility Criteria for BSF Head Constable (Radio Operator) and Head Constable (Radio Mechanic) 2019 Recruitment Process:
AGE LIMIT (As on 12th June 2019)
|Age Limit for BSF Head Constable (Radio Operator) and Head Constable (Radio Mechanic) 2019 Posts|
|Category||Age Limit (As on 12th June 2019)|
|General||18 – 25 years|
|OBC||18 – 28 years|
|SC & ST||18 – 30 years|
UPPER AGE RELAXATION for SC, ST & OBC serving as BSF Personnel/ Central Government Employees/ Ex-Servicemen (As on 12th June 2019)
1. BSF PERSONNEL: BSF Serving and willing Constable (GD/Tradesmen) with 3 YEARS regular service as on last date of receipt of online applications are eligible for category wise upper age relaxation as under :-
|Upper Age Limit Relaxation for BSF Personnel|
|Category||Upper Age Limit Relaxation|
|SC & ST||45 years|
2. CENTRAL GOVT. EMPLOYEES: Age Relaxation for Central Govt civilian employees who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date is given below:
|Upper Age Limit Relaxation for Central Government Employees|
|Category||Upper Age Limit Relaxation|
|OBC||8 years (3 + 5 additional years)|
|SC & ST||10 years (5 + 5 additional years)|
|Upper Age Limit Relaxation for Ex-Serviceman|
|Category||Upper Age Limit Relaxation|
|General||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning|
|OBC||6 years (3+ 3 additional years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning|
|SC and ST||8 years (5 + 3 additional years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning|
- Candidates should note that only the date of birth as recorded in the matriculation/secondary examination certificate or an equivalent certificate on the Last date of submission of application will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- Relaxation of 5 years of age admissible to the children and dependent family members of those who were killed in the communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat and riots of 1984 on production of certificate to that effect from the concerned District Collector where victim was killed. SC, ST & OBC relaxation as per Govt instructions will be in addition.
- Relaxation of 5 years of age admissible to the candidates of J&K who have ordinarily been domiciled in the State of J&K during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION (As on 12th June 2019)
Below are the educational qualification details for the BSF Head Constable RO & RM 2019 Posts:
|Post Name||Educational Qualification for BSF Head Constable (Radio Operator) and Head Constable (Radio Mechanic) Posts|
|Head Constable (Radio Operator)||Matriculation or equivalent from a recognized Board and two years Industrial Training Institute Certificate (Ill) in Radio and Television or, Electronics or, Computer Operator & Programming Assistant or, Data Preparation & Computer Software or, General Electronics or, Data Entry Operator from a recognized Institute.OrPass in Intermediate or 12th standard or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized Board or University or Institution as a regular student with aggregate 6O% marks in PCM subject.|
|Head Constable (Radio Mechanic)||Matriculation or equivalent from a recognized Board and two years Industrial Training Institute Certificate (ITI) in Radio and Television or, General Electronics or, Computer Operator & Programming Assistant or, Data Preparation & Computer Software or, Electrician or, Fitter or, Info Technology & Electronics System Maintenance or, Communication Equipment Maintenance or, Computer Hardware or, Network Technician or, Mechatronics or, Data Entry Operator from a recognized Institute.OrPass in Intermediate or 12th standard or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized Board or University or Institution as a regular student with aggregate 60% marks in PCM subject.|
|Physical Standards||For Male Candidates||For Female Candidates|
|Height||168 cm||157 cm|
|Chest||80 cm (85 cm after expansion)||Not Applicable|
|Weight||Corresponding to Height and age||Corresponding to Height and age|
- The minimum height of candidates falling in category at Garhwalies, Kumaonese, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to the states of Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Kashmir and Leh and Ladakh regions of J&K will be male – 165 cm, female – 155 cm. The height for all candidates belonging to ST/Adivasis or Tribals including Mizos and Nagas will be male – 162.5 cm, female – 154 cm.
- The minimum standard so far relates to chest measurement may be relaxed from 80 cm unexpanded and 85 cm expanded to 76 cm unexpanded and 81 cm expanded respectively for adivasis or Tribals.
(i) Minimum distant vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 of the both eyes without correction, i.e., without wearing glasses.
(ii) Must pass high-grade colour vision test.
(iii) Must not have knock-knees, flat feet or varicose vein or squint in eyes and they should possess CP-III BY ISIHARA.
(iv) Must be in sound mental and bodily health and free from any defect/deformity likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
So, the candidates are advised to look thoroughly at the above mentioned eligibility criteria, before applying for BSF 2019 Head Constable (Radio Operator) and Head Constable (Radio Mechanic) Posts which will commence from 14th May 2019.